Mission & Vision
REPAIR IMPACT FUND
Novo Holdings established the REPAIR Impact Fund commissioned by the Novo Nordisk Foundation in February 2018 with a total budget of USD 165 million to invest in companies involved in discovering and the early-stage development of therapies targeting resistant microorganisms.
The fund is expected to invest USD 20 million to 40 million per year over 3–5 years in about 20 projects in Europe and the United States, which is anticipated to yield at least one new therapy reaching the market.
The REPAIR Impact Fund will invest in start-ups, early-stage companies and corporate spin-outs in Europe and the United States. Our philosophy is to support ambitious programmes addressing antimicrobial resistance through a broad range of therapeutic modalities.
REPAIR is an acronym: Replenishing and Enabling the Pipeline for Anti-Infective Resistance.
Re-Entering Antibacterial Discovery and Development Summit
September 25th-28th in Sheraton Boston, USA. Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s Fifth Annual Re-Entering Antibacterial Discovery and Development Summit. Read more
Investors in life science
As a part of Novo Holdings, the REPAIR Impact Fund offers:
- A life sciences investment track record returning average 18% annual returns over the past 10 years including 8 prior investments in anti-infectives
- A patient, long-term investment approach with flexibility in size of investments and terms
- Ability to attract and form future syndicate of experienced biotech investors
- Access to a broad network for talent recruiting
- Strong relations to several non-dilutive funders (mix of dilutive and non-dilutive financing is best foundation for further funding)
Novo Holdings is a Danish private limited liability company wholly owned by the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
Established in 1999, Novo Holdings is the holding company of the Novo Group and manages the Foundation's assets.
Novo Nordisk Foundation
Novo Nordisk Foundation
Improving the health and welfare of people
The Novo Nordisk Foundation is an independent Danish foundation with corporate interests.
The Foundation has two objectives: 1) to provide a stable basis for the commercial and research activities of the companies in the Novo Group; and 2) to support scientific, humanitarian and social causes.
Contact REPAIR Impact Fund
Novo Holdings A/S
Tuborg Havnevej 19